Does your child or teen have a cell phone? Have you looked for ways to oversee their phone use and utilize parental controls? Then, you may have already come across the uMobix cell phone tracking app for parents. But, is the uMobix cell phone tracker app worth it? In this uMobix review, we address this and everything there is to know about this cell phone monitoring app.
What Is uMobix?
uMobix is a cell phone tracking app intended for parental use. Parents who own their child’s phone or have their consent can use this software to monitor their phone use. With the help of this app’s features, parents can ensure their child’s safety from online dangers like cyberbullying, inappropriate, harassment, predators, and more.
What Do Customers Say About uMobix?
First, we want to say that uMobix is newer to the cell phone monitoring app market, being less than 2 years old. When we reviewed review websites like Sitejabber and Trustpilot, the reviews were mixed with many of them looking fake or spammy. Of the ones that look legitimate, here’s what customers had to say about uMobix:
- The installation process was quite lengthy and took some time.
- Several customers had issues with their refund policy.
- uMobix isn’t undetectable as it claims.
How To Install uMobix
The installation process for uMobix on Android and iOS devices differs slightly. However, they both require similar steps.
Installation On Android:
- Obtain physical access to the Android phone you want to monitor.
- Follow the installation instructions provided by uMobix. You will need the Android device for about 5-10 minutes.
- Once uMobix for Android is installed, log into your uMobix account to ensure the phone data is being extracted and uploaded to your dashboard.
Installation On iPhone:
- Physical access to the target iPhone is not needed. You will need the phone owner’s iCloud account information and possibly 2FA security information if enabled.
- Follow the installation instructions provided by uMobix.
- Once uMobix for iPhone is installed, log into your uMobix account to ensure the phone data is being extracted and uploaded to your dashboard.
uMobix Features for iPhone and Android
The below features and more are included with all uMobix packages.
- Call history monitoring including date and timestamps.
- Text message viewing.
- View social media accounts including Facebook and Instagram.
- Message monitoring of apps like Skype, Viber, WhatsApp, LINE, and more.
- Device GPS location tracking.
- Remotely block apps, Wi-Fi networks, and websites.
- Remotely access the target device’s camera and microphone.
Highster Mobile vs. uMobix
Now, how does uMobix fair against one of the top cell phone monitoring apps, Highster Mobile.
One-time payment with no recurring billing for as low as $35.88. Two package types are available with additional services available.
Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual packages are available starting at $11.66/month for the Annual plan.
Doesn’t offer a free trial but offers a money-back guarantee.
Does not offer a free trial.
Straightforward 3-step process without the need for rooting/jailbreaking and without the risk of iCloud account locking.
A three-step process where physical access to the target Android device is needed but isn’t needed for iPhone installation.
Includes all essential phone monitoring and parental control features which are included in all packages.
All packages include premium features needed for cell phone monitoring.
Available 24/7 and response time is almost instant.
They have customer support available but based on customer reviews, isn’t reliable.
After seeing the uMobix comparison to Highster Mobile, it’s clear Highster Mobile is the better product. Not to mention Highster Mobile has been around for much longer and has countless satisfied customers.